As we prepare this morning to share the afternoon and evening with friends who are like family, I find myself grateful. And I wanted to share our ‘list’ here, as an encouragement to you and a reminder to us.
On Thanksgiving Day of 2016, we are thankful for:
- Salvation paid for on the Cross.
- A roof over our heads.
- Running water.
- Electricity in our home.
- Food in our bellies.
- Access and means for healthcare.
- The communities we are a part of, both here in Nicaragua and back in Oregon.
- The means to travel to visit loved ones.
- Our reliable vehicle.
- Clean drinking water.
- Relative safety. (We do not have bombs being dropped on us as we sleep.)
- Minds that can learn new places and new languages.
This list could go on and on and on, bringing to memory every small blessing we experience every day. The point is this: if you are celebrating Thanksgiving today with family and/or friends, with a roof over your head and food on the table, please take a moment to rest in the great blessing that is. So many do not have that ability or receive that gift. Please recognize it and soak up every last moment. You have been given a great gift.
We are so grateful for each and every one of you and are so honored to call you our friend.